Disability Entertainment Talent Resource
Actors, Musicians, Speakers & Comedians
Veteran, comical, reserved
Professional Voiceover Actor
Former Paralympian; Now Actor
Bella 25 I am a good person
Adorkable, Quirky Actress
Get to know abilityE members through the “abilityE Challenge” on Instagram and other social media channels.
The Past Narrative
“We can’t find talented actors with disabilities”
Casting doesn’t know where to go to effectively find authentic performers with disabilities
A resource with thousands of talented performers with disabilities
The more you know — a few key items
- abilityE is free to performers/talent/actors.
- The site is built for performers/talent/actors with disabilities.
- Performers/talent/actors includes categories like TV, Film, comedy, speakers and music.
- You can be union, non-union, represented or not represented.
- We welcome performers of all ages, but we do need to ask your birth date for security purposes (not for public view).
How abilityE came to be
When Netflix was casting for their new series “The Healing Powers of Dude” their casting people could only find 10 actors to audition that fit the age range who authentically used a wheelchair. They came to us for help.
We accessed our platforms abilityJOBS.com and ABILITY Magazine, casting a wide net. From our efforts, we sent Netflix casting several hundred requests for auditions and they found exactly who they were looking for, Sophie Kim — she was cast as Amara.
The word spread, and other casting offices were asking for help — so abilityE was born to be the source to cast a wider net.